An Excelon with Alexa
The Kenwood Excelon DPX395MBT digital media receiver is all about accessing and controlling your favorite media. And this Kenwood makes it easy, with a big multi-function knob and three-line, variable-color display. Built-in Bluetooth® lets you stream music or enjoy hands-free calling without having to plug in your smartphone. And you'll have AM/FM radio and access to your digital music collection loaded on a flash drive, plus the option of adding SiriusXM satellite radio. Best of all, you can use built-in Amazon Alexa to use voice commands to play and control your music while you keep your eyes on the road. And Kenwood backs up this receiver with a 2-year warranty.
Built-in Amazon Alexa
Load the Alexa app onto your phone and pair your phone to this Kenwood receiver. Then, simply press the dedicated "Alexa" button on the faceplate, and you can access music, audiobooks, news, weather, traffic, and smart home controls using your voice.
Bluetooth for wireless convenience
Bluetooth is the norm for wireless phone functionality these days. The DPX395MBT lets you pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling. You can wirelessly stream and control the playback functions of your favorite Internet radio service, including Spotify, TIDAL, and Qobuz. You can also stream stored music, audiobooks, and podcasts from the phone that's active. Kenwood also added a little fun to audio streaming with their Music Mix feature — pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for the ultimate road trip playlist. You can also control this stereo directly from your iPhone® or Android™ phone by downloading Kenwood's free Remote app.
Bring along your music
The DPX395MBT's front-panel USB port allows you to control select iPhone features using the receiver's controls. iPhone users can also access Apple Music® stations. The USB port can handle MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and WAV music files on a thumb drive, as well as high-res FLAC files to get that crisp detail from your tunes. Or you can plug a portable audio player into the front aux input to play more tunes from your mobile device.
More radio options
Add a SiriusXM tuner to enjoy the impressive selection of sports, talk, news, and commercial-free music offered on satellite radio. No matter where your travels take you, you'll hear great programming in crystal-clear clarity from coast to coast. And when you want to tune into local stations, this receiver's sensitive AM/FM tuner pulls them in like a pro.
Expand and refine your system
Once you've picked your source on the DPX395MBT, you can use Kenwood's deep sound-sculpting tools to tune your sound to your tastes. A 13-band equalizer lets you tweak the fine details, or simply select your favorite curve from the EQ presets. Digital time alignment ensures you're center stage, no matter which seat you're in. You can also use the three sets of high-voltage preamp outputs to send a super-clean signal to additional amplifiers to power high-quality speakers and subwoofers. You can even adjust the output level and low-pass filter for the sub directly from the receiver, giving you total control over the bass thump.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner
- high-contrast 3-line display with 2-zone variable-color illumination
- built-in Amazon Alexa
- plays USB drives with MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, and FLAC files, plus high-res FLAC files
- Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calls and music streaming
- supports Kenwood Remote app
- Apple Music control (iPhone only)
- built-in iPod and iPhone control
- 13-band equalizer and digital time alignment
- high- and low-pass crossovers
- Drive EQ to compensate for road noise
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included)
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, sub)
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 2 years
- 60-day returns
- MFR # DPX395MBT
What's in the box:
Kenwood Excelon DPX395MBT owner's manual
- Digital media receiver (10A fuse)
- Mounting sleeve (installed)
- 2 Trim-rings
- Wiring harness
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- 6 Pan-head screws (M5x8mm)
- 6 Flat-head screws (M5x8mm)
- 2 Removal tools
- Quick Start Gude
- Warranty Card
- Software License Agreement