Wireless smartphone goodness and Excelon quality
Kenwood backs their Excelon Series receivers with a 2-year warranty and audiophile-grade components you can count on. But that's not all the Excelon DMX958XR multimedia receiver has going for it. Its 6.75" capacitive touchscreen display can handle video up to 720p from a built-in HD video input for dazzling impact. And with built-in wired and wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, you'll have all your most-used phone features on a big display.
Looking for some alternative music sources? Take advantage of HD Radio® and high-res audio playback, and you can add satellite radio with an optional tuner. Plus, Bluetooth makes hands-free calling and music streaming easy.
Serious phone integration
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto put your phone's content at your fingertips. This stereo's controls behave like your phone's interface, so there's no learning curve. Plug in or wirelessly link your Android™ or iPhone®, and you'll get voice control access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and of course all your music. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Android owners, you can mirror your phone's screen wirelessly using Miracast and the receiver's built-in Wi-Fi. This receiver's micro-HDMI input also lets you mirror the screen from select phones by using a compatible HDMI adapter for your phone (sold separately) and Kenwood's KCA-HD200 micro HDMI-to-HDMI cable.
Higher resolution Bluetooth streaming
The DMX958XR lets you pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling — an excellent road trip convenience. And when you're streaming music, Kenwood's Music Mix lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for an on-the-fly listening session.
If you have a Sony Android device that uses their proprietary LDAC Bluetooth codec, you'll be able to wirelessly stream music to this receiver with significantly better resolution.
A brilliant display with multi-camera capabilities
Onboard cameras are a must for safer driving, and this Kenwood gives you four video inputs for front-, side-, rear-, and backup cameras. The crisp resolution on Kenwood's CMOS-740HD HD backup camera complements this receiver's display perfectly. You even get control and playback for Kenwood's DRV-N520 Drive Recorder dash cam. For the best viewing, you can use electronic angle adjustment of your display to tailor the screen's contrast to suit your vehicle's dash location. This Kenwood plays video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked.
HD Radio, a USB-C input, and more
Kenwood includes a built-in HD Radio tuner so you can enjoy the very best audio quality in radio, plus extra programming choices on second and third channels when available. Since your phone can be linked wirelessly, a rear USB-C input opens up your source options too. There's great news for audiophiles — this receiver supports high-res file playback of music stored on a USB drive. And if you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away as you head out of town, add a SiriusXM tuner (not included) to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's extensive programming wherever you may roam.
Tune it up!
The DMX958XR also includes three pairs of 5-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when it's time to add amplifiers to your system. And if you're building a 2- or 3-way system, this receiver gives you that next-level crossover capability.
If you care about sound quality, you'll dig Kenwood's suite of sound-crafting tools, including a 13-band equalizer, deep crossover settings, and built-in digital time alignment. Bring back the depth and detail for all your digital music sources with this receiver's processing power. If your car speakers are located down low in the doors, this receiver offers Stage EQ, which adjusts your music's frequencies to virtually "raise" your speakers for better, more natural imaging.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
Combined with an iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 interface (sold separately), the DMX958XR includes intuitive vehicle integration that lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (plus high-res WAV and FLAC)
- 6.75" electrostatic capacitive touchscreen HD display
- HD Radio tuner built-in
- LDAC Bluetooth streaming capability for select Android devices
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- electronic viewing angle display adjustment
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- wired and wireless Android Auto compatible
- compatible with Google Assistant voice control when using Android Auto
- wired and wireless Apple CarPlay compatible
- Siri voice control for select iPhones
- wired mirroring for iPhone and select Android devices via HDMI (adapters sold separately)
- wireless mirroring for select Android devices
- built-in Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calling and music streaming
- rapid Android charging via USB port
- 13-band graphic EQ
- time alignment
- Drive EQ and digital signal processing
- 3-way crossover
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- compatible with Kenwood CMOS-740HD HD backup camera
- inputs: rear USB-C input, three camera inputs (HD rear, front, side), rear analog A/V inputs (can be converted to 4th cam input), control input for the Kenwood DRV-N520 dash cam
- outputs: rear video output (RCA), 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- works with iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 modules
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 2 years
- 60-day returns
- MFR # DMX958XR
What's in the box:
Kenwood Excelon DMX958XR owner's manual
- Digital multimedia receiver w/ integrated 6.75" monitor (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Mounting sleeve (pre-installed)
- USB-C to USB-A adapter
- 40" USB-C extension cable
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietaery connector)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- Self-adhesive pad
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws (M5x8mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5x8mm)
- USB/HDMI connector bracket (pre-installed)
- 2 Removal tools
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Information