Get your phone (and more) into the game
Want the latest music and connectivity options in your ride? JVC's KW-M788BH multimedia receiver delivers smartphone integration, cool radio options, and ways to connect more gear, so your drive will be safer and more fun. This receiver's 6.8” touchscreen display lets you control your media, including Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™, screen mirroring for Android phones, Bluetooth®, HD Radio™, and high-res music playback. You can also add amplifiers, up to three cameras, and a SiriusXM tuner to complete your vehicle's infotainment system.
Putting the "smart" in smartphone
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto put your phone's content at your fingertips. This stereo's controls behave like your phone's interface, so there's no learning curve. Plug in your Android™ or iPhone®, and you'll get voice control access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and of course all your music. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto. Android owners, you can also mirror your phone's screen on the JVC display by plugging into the rear USB port and using JVC's free "Mirroring OA for JVC" app.
Simple controls on a touchscreen display
This receiver's 6.8" capacitive display shows all your info in crisp detail and lets you customize its home screen for when Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are not active. When you're using the JVC onscreen interface its built-in Gesture Control provides simple and quick control over volume, track forward, and track back with just a swipe of your finger.
This JVC also sports a 13-band equalizer that allows you to set up separate tone curves for different audio sources. Combine that with the built-in digital time alignment processor, and you can put yourself right in the engineer's seat. Five ultra-clean preamp outputs give you flexibility in adding amplifiers to your system when you're ready to pump up the sound.
Wireless convenience with Bluetooth
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for music and hands-free phone calls. You can quickly switch between two paired phones — handy for vehicles with more than one driver. Many portable audio players also include Bluetooth, so you can stream your personal music collections while you're on the road. When it comes to streaming audio, JVC's Streaming DJ feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can add their favorite songs to the road trip playlist.
Gateway to your music
Of course, you'll be able to tune in your favorite AM/FM radio stations, but this JVC also lets you enjoy HD Radio from participating stations. That means you'll hear FM that's close to CD quality or AM that comes in clear and static-free. And most participating stations send out secondary programming, giving you more choices when you're in the mood for radio. You can also add a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (SiriusXM subscription required) to get non-stop music, talk, and news stations that will stay with you as you cross state lines.
You can plug your Android™ phone or iPhone® into the rear-panel USB port to engage Android Auto or Apple CarPlay and charge your phone. This port can also handle music stored on a thumb drive, including high-resolution FLAC and WAV music files.
Don't forget video
The KW-M788BH also provides handy video options like two camera inputs, as well as a rear A/V input that can be switched to create a third camera input. If you've got an audio/video piece to add to the system, like a video game console for the backseat crew, you can plug it into this receiver's rear mini-jack or micro-HDMI inputs. To get a video feed to that crew, you can connect an additional monitor to this receiver's video output.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
Combined with an iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 interface (sold separately), the KW-M788BH includes intuitive vehicle integration that lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (plus high-res WAV and FLAC)
- 6.8" capacitive touchscreen display
- HD Radio tuner built-in
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- electronic viewing angle display adjustment
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- display and command of select music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone and Android
- wired Android Auto compatible
- compatible with Google Assistant when using Android Auto
- wired Apple CarPlay compatible
- Siri Eyes Free control for select iPhones
- wired USB mirroring for select Android devices
- wired micro HDMI mirroring for select smartphones (cable and adapter sold separately)
- built-in Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calling and music streaming
- built-in iPhone and rapid Android charging via USB port
- 13-band graphic EQ
- digital time alignment
- Volume Link EQ boosts frequencies that are affected by road noise
- 3-way crossover
- compatible with SiriusXM's aftermarket satellite radio tuner (sold separately, subscription required)
- inputs: rear USB input, front- and rear-camera inputs, rear micro HDMI input, rear analog 3.5 mm A/V input (configurable for a third camera input)
- outputs: rear analog video output (RCA), 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDatalink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 2 years (1 for Canada)
What's in the box:
- Digital multimedia receiver w/ fixed 6.75" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Self-adhesive pad
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws (M5x8mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5x8mm)
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card