HD display, plus Excelon quality
Kenwood backs their Excelon Series receivers with a 2-year warranty and audiophile-grade components you can count on. This Excelon DMX957XR multimedia receiver with its 6.75" capacitive touchscreen display can handle video up to 720p from a built-in HD video input for dazzling impact. And with built-in, wired and wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, you'll have all your most-used phone features on a big display while your phone charges via USB.
Looking for some alternative music sources? Take advantage of HD Radio® and high-res audio playback, and you can add satellite radio with an optional tuner. Plus, Bluetooth makes hands-free calling and music streaming easy.
Wired and wireless Apple CarPlay
CarPlay integrates your iPhone into the driving experience in a seamless interface, allowing you to access iPhone content with the sound of your voice. That means easy access to your music library, audiobooks, phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Wired and wireless Android Auto
If you're an Android user, this receiver is ready for your phone, too. Android Auto integrates your Android device into the driving experience without distracting you from the job at hand — driving . You'll have easy voice access to Google Maps, weather, music, and apps, not to mention your text messages. And you can make calls, too, of course. Get more info at www.android.com/auto.
Don't worry if you use apps unsupported by Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. With a USB connection, this receiver will mirror your iPhone or Android screen, giving you touchscreen control over your favorite phone features. With a Wi-Fi connection, you can make the most of your Android while it's stashed away.
Higher resolution Bluetooth streaming
The DMX957XR lets you pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling — an excellent road trip convenience. And when you're streaming music, Kenwood's Music Mix lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for an on-the-fly listening session.
If you have a Sony Android device that uses their proprietary LDAC Bluetooth codec, you'll be able to wirelessly stream music to this receiver with significantly better resolution.
A brilliant display for multiple cameras
These days, vehicle cameras are a must for safer driving, and Kenwood gives you four video inputs for front-, side-, rear-, and backup cameras. This receiver even provides control and playback for Kenwood's DRV-N520 Drive Recorder dash cam. You can use electronic angle adjustment of your display to tailor the screen's contrast for the best viewing in your vehicle's dash location. This Kenwood plays video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked. When you're on the road, you can entertain your passengers by sending a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen, while you enjoy your music up front.
HD Radio, two USB inputs, and more
Kenwood includes a built-in HD Radio tuner so you can enjoy the very best audio quality in radio, plus extra programming choices on second and third channels when available. Two rear USB inputs open up your source options too, and there's great news for audiophiles — this receiver supports high-res file playback of music stored on a USB drive. And if you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away, add a SiriusXM tuner (not included) to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's extensive programming wherever you may roam.
Tune it up!
The DMX957XR also includes three pairs of 5-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when it's time to add amplifiers to your system. And if you're building a 3-way system, this receiver gives you that next-level crossover capability.
If you're a big-time system-builder, you'll dig Kenwood's suite of sound-crafting tools include a 13-band equalizer, deep crossover settings, and built-in digital time alignment. Bring back the depth and detail for all your digital music sources with this receiver's processing power. If your car speakers are located down low in the doors, this receiver offers Stage EQ, which adjusts your music's frequencies to virtually "raise" your speakers for better, more natural imaging.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DMX957XR offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (plus high-res WAV and FLAC)
- 6.75" capacitive touchscreen HD display
- HD Radio tuner built-in
- LDAC Bluetooth streaming capability for select Android devices
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- electronic viewing angle display adjustment
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- wired and wireless Android Auto compatible
- wired and wireless Apple CarPlay compatible
- wired mirroring for iPhone and select Android devices
- wireless mirroring for select Android devices
- built-in Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calling and music streaming
- Siri control for select iPhones
- compatible with Google Assistant when using Android Auto
- rapid Android charging via USB port
- 13-band graphic EQ
- time alignment
- Drive EQ and digital signal processing
- 3-way crossover
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: dual rear USB inputs, HD camera input, rear analog A/V inputs, four camera inputs, control input for the Kenwood DRV-N520 dash cam
- outputs: rear analog A/V outputs, 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- works with iDatalink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 2 years
- 60-day returns
- MFR # DMX957XR
What's in the box:
Kenwood Excelon DMX957XR owner's manual
- Digital multimedia receiver w/ electonic 6.75" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- Two 39" USB extension cables
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- 7" Male minijack to female RCA adapter cable
- Self-adhesive pad
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
- Information note
- Correction note